Friday, February 23, 2007

Lent: Day 3

Dear Jesus, in Whose Life I See

Words: John Hunter, Hymns of Faith and Life, 1889.

Music: Hursley, Ka­thol­isch­es Ge­sang­buch (Vi­en­na: 1774); adapt­ed from the Met­ric­al Psalt­er, 1855


Dear Jesus, in whose life I see
All that I would, but fail to be,
Let thy clear light forever shine,
To shame and guide this life of mine.

Though what I dream and what I do
In my weak days are always two,
Help me, oppressed by things undone,
O Thou Whose deeds and dreams were one!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Dear and gifted Psalmist, thank you for these beautiful, musically-inspired meditations. They are a welcome change from the blogosphere's grind. I am going to post ever few days poetry relevant to Lent as my offering. Thank you for helping us see with such simplicity.

Anonymous said...

I second that!