Oops, it wasn't Singing Owl, it was P.S. who tagged me for this meme!
So first, here are the five things that at this moment I dig most about Jesus:
1. Jesus considered each and every one of us well worth the sacrifice of his own life.
2. Jesus, being God, still willingly experienced what we do by being born and living life to the fullest.
3. Jesus did not reduce the gospel of God to a formula; he met each person where he or she actually was, and lived the gospel (in word and actions) as each person could understand it. (IOW, Jesus wasn't lazy or careless with spreading the gospel, he instead invested some of himself in a relationship with those he met.)
4. Jesus fully respected the dignity of all people, while he himself willingly embraced the role of a servant to them. (And I particularly "dig" that he told us we should do the same.)
5. Jesus calls me--and all of us--by name and trusts us to work faithfully in his Reign, even here, now, on earth. Isn't it great how we don't have to wait for "the sweet by-and-by" to experience heaven on earth? (Not that heaven won't be much more than we're capable of imagining now...)
Here are the rules for this meme, as P.S. posted them:
a) Those tagged will share "Five Things They Dig About Jesus".
(b) Those tagged will tag 5 people.
Here we go:
April; Dr. Platypus; Paisley; St. Inuksuk; and Whistle, Fish, and Sister (at Whistle's Catblog), because I think almost everyone their Mom knows, has already been tagged. Rosie and Jenny will soon post their responses to the meme, though none of their blogfriends has tagged them. They like being the initiators of new trends; besides, Jesus does love all the little kitties and puppies and chinchillas and bunnies and other animals of the world.
(c) Those tagged will leave a link to their meme in the comments section of [the blog of the person who tagged them--meaning THIS] post so everyone can keep track of what's being posted.
Getting on it now.