A few of my new RGBP friends have created saints' names for their blogging identities. These include St. Casserole and St. Inuksuk, though I think I'm missing a couple more people. I think it's a great idea to remind ourselves every chance we get that we're ALL saints: those who are being sanctified in Christ.
However, for my weekly discipline of at least one humor post per week (naturally melancholy sort that I am), I thought it might be fun to challenge my blogging friends to create saints there ought to be. Like "St. Elsewhere" of classic television, these made-up saints' names are fun. They could also be the patrons of very important people and things. To get us started, I suggest:
- St. Carriout: Patron saint of those who work in fast food restaurants, and their customers
- St. Febreza: Patron saint of those with too little time to deep clean their homes
- St. Illegibus: Patron saint of physicians and the pharmacists who must decipher their prescriptions
- St. Liberalis: Patron saint of the progressive left, and moderates who live in the Bible Belt
- St. Procrastor: Patron saint of the last-minute
- St. Rectitude: Patron saint of the upright, uptight, and/or the religious right
I hope you'll add your own candidates for sainthood in the comments!