Saturday, February 23, 2008

Lent: Day 16

Scripture: Job 19:25-27

"For I know that my Redeemer lives, . . . then in my flesh shall I see God."

Hymn: "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name," UMH 154 & 155
Edward Perronet, 1779,
alt. by John Rippon, 1787


". . . Ye chosen seed of Israel's race,
Ye ransomed from the fall,
Hail him who saves you by his grace,
And crown him Lord of all. . . .
"

Prayer:

Risen Lord Jesus, at mid-Lent I thank you for the reminder that you have already won the battle. Even as I practice the discipline of waiting, help me to remember that you are my Redeemer, the One who has saved me. You have already brought me back safe and sound to God.

O Christ of Resurrection as well as of the cross, help me live as one who has not only been crucified with you, but also raised with you. Give me grace to live fully, joyfully alive in you this day.

No comments: