Thursday, February 07, 2008

Lent: Day 2

Scripture: Genesis 1:1 - 2:4a

"In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was a formless void . . . while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. And God said, 'Let there be . . .' . . . God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good . . ."

Hymn: "I Sing the Almighty Power of God," UMH 152
Isaac Watts, 1715

"I sing the goodness of the Lord, who filled the earth with food,
Who formed the creatures thru the Word, and then pronounced them good."

Prayer:

Holy, eternal Creator of all that is, I am in awe of your power and love. I can understand such a tiny fraction of your design for the universe, yet what I see reveals your majesty and glory.

You are God, O Lord! I am nothing compared with you, but you don't compare. You create, you sustain, and you love with abandon what your hands have made. You choose to have a relationship with me.

O God, help me to choose you, too. I love you.

No comments: