Friday, February 08, 2008

Lent: Day 3

Scripture: Psalm 139

"O Lord, you have searched me and known me . . . you hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. . . . Where can I go from your spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? . . . I come to the end--I am still with you."

Hymn: "I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light," UMH 206
Kathleen Thomerson, 1966

". . . God set the stars to give light to the world.
The star of my life is Jesus.
In him there is no darkness at all.
The night and the day are both alike.
. . . Shine in my heart, Lord Jesus."

Prayer:

Seeking and finding God, how foolish it is for me to try to hide from you! Yet I do, so often! O God, help me to stay close to you, so that I have no need to hide my face and my deeds from you.\

With the psalmist, I am in awe of your perfect design and my unique place in your world. You wasted nothing and made no mistakes, dear God. Remind me never to waste myself on things that have no value to you or to those I love. Teach me to treasure your constant presence with me; help me to look to you as my Friend and Companion.

Walk with me today and always, dear Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for creating this and for sharing it. It is a real blessing to me. Each day has had something particularly meaningful. Maureen

Psalmist said...

Maureen! I'm so glad you stopped by and commented, and that you're finding a blessing by reading. YOU are a blessing, you know! ((((((((Mo)))))))