Saturday, June 24, 2006

Friday Five Meme - Ice Cream!

The Rev Gals' Friday Five meme yesterday was five questions about ice cream. Yum-yum...here I go!

1. Ice cream: for warm weather only or a year-round food?
The latter, absolutely! Even though we here in Texas have relatively few cold days, I'd miss ice cream too much if I enjoyed it only when it's warm.

2. Favorite flavor(s)
Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie, with Breyer's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough a close second (depends how much I'm craving chocolate). In a pinch, anything chocolate except mocha.

3. Cake cone, sugar cone, waffle cone, cup?
Any of the above except sugar cone.

4. Childhood ice-cream memory
Friends' birthday parties at the *original* Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor in Portland, where we'd all dig into the huge bowl filled with scoops of every flavor Farrell's made, with cute plastic animals mixed in, that was the Portland Zoo. This monstrosity was delivered on a stretcher by 1890's-style firemen, complete with a siren, and lots of fun silliness. I always wished I could have my birthday parties there. Even as young teens, everyone looked forward to a Farrell's party invitation.

5. Banana splits: discuss.
Ah...let's see. I'm a traditionalist, so it needs to be dipped ice cream (NOT soft-serve) in chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. Hot fudge topping, strawberry topping, and either pineapple or caramel topping. Whipped cream, absolutely. Skip the nuts for me. And a cherry on top of EACH scoop's whipped cream. And best of all, a friend to share the guilt!

OK, I think I just gained five pounds thinking about this one. Why did I answer this while hungry? (I WILL NOT go to Braum's for lunch, I WILL NOT go to Braum's for lunch...must be strong...so hungry...)

No comments: