Friday, June 16, 2006

RevGalBlogPals' Friday Five

To Sleep, Perchance To Dream

1. In what kind of environment do you sleep best? (e.g. amount of light and noise, temperature, number of pillows, breathe-right strip, sleeping in the buff, etc.)

I like a little light, some white noise (TV or radio will do in a pinch), cool enough that pulling a light blanket around my shoulders feels heavenly, two pillows, curled on my side (preferably without one or both cats interfering with my breathing mechanism). As for sleeping attire, I really do like soft flannel pj's. When it's too warm for that (here in Texas, that's at least half the year), I switch to cotton knit short pj's. When it's colder, flannel nighties are also comfy-cozy.


2. How much sleep do you need to feel consistently well-rested?
How much can you get by on?
What are the consequences when you don't get enough?


I need the proverbial eight hours of sleep for optimum performance. I can get by on four. When sleep-deprived, I am both jittery and slow-headed.


3. Night owl or morning person?

I am decidedly a night owl. If I could design a schedule that would permit me to work 1:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m., I would be happy as a clam. I feel slow and cotton-headed in the mornings, though God pulls a weekly miracle on Sundays and helps me at least appear to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. (Flattering makeup and clothes colors also help in this!)


4. Favorite cure for insomnia

When I can't sleep, I either read or try to find something other than infomercials on my non-cable-connected television. I have learned not to go net-surfing!


5. To snooze or not to snooze? Why or why not?

Yes, I snooze. I admit it. I deliberately set the alarm early so I can steal some extra dozing guilt-free. Sorry, but it's one of life's little indulgences for me.

No comments: